Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Problem when closing an exchange rate investment

Comments, critical feedback, praise, or suggestions for new features.

Postby Djobydjoba » Sat May 07, 2016 10:40 am

Hi Mark,

Maybe a bug (FM 2016.14.6.100) :

I want to close two useless investments. (EUR-DKK and USD-DKK)

When I close EUR-DKK, this pop-up appears :
"Closing an investment assigned as an exchange rate. Exchange rate will revert to a constant. Continue ?"

Which is OK, I didn't remember it was in my currency templates, and the EUR template is currently loaded, so the pop-up. I click Yes.

I close the USD-DKK investment too.

Then I check in my templates. In the EUR template, DKK entry, it is now at "constant ratio" (as it should)

I load now the USD template and this pop-up appears :
"Unable to fin exchange rate investment for currency 'DKK'. .\USDDKKCUR.dat is not open. Continue opening currency template ?"
I click Yes.
I check in this template that DKK entry is now at "constant ratio", and click OK to close the Currency Settings window.

So OK now, my templates don't use the EUR-DKK and USD-DKK investments anymore. This should be done.

But, now, every time I load one of the templates, I've got this pop-up again :
"Unable to find exchange rate investment for currency 'DKK'. .\USDDKKCUR.dat is not open. Continue opening currency template ?" (replace by \EURDKKCUR.dat for the EUR template).

The only way is to reopen the investments, because FM doesn't let them go...
Djobydjoba

Postby Mark » Sat May 07, 2016 10:53 am

Hi Djobydjoba,

When you edit the currency settings under "Options / Currency Settings..." you are not editing a currency template. You are editing the current currency settings, which does not automatically re-save to a template that you may have used to open the current currency settings. Currency templates are only saved when you specifically go save a template. Each time you open a currency template it is attempting to restore the settings to how they were when you saved that currency template.

So, make the edits you want, and then save to a new template. Delete the old template that is referencing a closed exchange rate investment. Use the new template going forward.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Djobydjoba » Sat May 07, 2016 11:04 am

OK, I see the steps now. Thanks.
Djobydjoba

Return to Feedback