Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Custom Rep;orts

Comments, critical feedback, praise, or suggestions for new features.

Postby Mike » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:52 pm

Marc,

I followed the bouncing ball to install the 9.0 upgrade. My custom reports, and there were several, all went bye-bye. Where might they be? The whole point of not uninstalling was to keep such things.
Mike

Postby Mark » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:55 pm

Hi Mike,

Yes, if you do not uninstall first, all of your preferences should remain. Do you mean your 'memorized' reports are no longer displayed? Or, are you talking about custom reports within a saved portfolio file?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Mike » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:49 pm

Mark,

"Memorized Reports" have disappeared. I cannot tell you if any "Customized Reports" are gone since I tend not to use them. My memorized reports are used universally as FM hard coded reports are.

Incidentally, the second time I loaded the program, it came up as unregistered. I had to re-enter the appropriate information.

Regarding the Billing module. You have 12 years. That's when FundPro will die. I think you can make it by then. I appreciate that it is much more difficult to do than a non-programmer realizes. And, it will only be of interest or use to Advisor version users. Meantime, I keep doing what I have been.

Mike
Mike

Postby Mark » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:54 pm

Hi Mike,

Sorry to hear about the memorized reports. These are stored in the registry, and the only reason they should go away is if the program got uninstalled, or the registry values were removed somehow. If you want to take a look manually, you can use regedit, and go see if there is any sign of your memorized reports. See the "Advanced Instructions" here:

http://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/newcomputer.html

Hopefully the billing module can make it into the next major update.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Mike » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:52 am

Hi, Mark,

There is a "reports" folder in the registry key you reference. However, I cannot see how to determine in any of the files are my "memorized" reports.
Mike

Postby Mark » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:23 pm

Hi Mike,

You should see these keys:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Beiley Software\Fund Manager\CurrentVersion\MEMORIZED REPORT NAMES

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Beiley Software\Fund Manager\CurrentVersion\SETTINGS MEMRPT0

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Beiley Software\Fund Manager\CurrentVersion\SETTINGS MEMRPT1

etc..., where there is 1 SETTINGS MEMRPTx for each memorized report.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Feedback