Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Bring FM to a new level with calculated investments

Comments, critical feedback, praise, or suggestions for new features.

Postby Djobydjoba » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:36 am

Hi Mark,

Mark wrote:We just need some mechanism to remember a set of auto-updates to perform whenever prices are updated.

I'm not sure to follow you on this. Could you elaborate?
Djobydjoba

Postby Mark » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:42 am

Hi Djobydjoba,

Right now you can use the command "Create Investment from Investments" manually, but the operation only updates the target investment when you run this command. If we stored a set of source/target/operation settings we could run these automatically whenever you update prices for any of the source investments. This way your targets would stay updated, without you having to manually run this command.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Djobydjoba » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:21 am

Yes, indeed. Sure.

Mark wrote:If we stored a set of source/target/operation settings

I'm not competent for implementation, but I just share my thoughts as a happy "power user" of Fund Manager. :D

A regular investment could be transformed into a "calculated investment" (it's more "calculated prices" in fact) by activating a check box in its properties, for example in the Internet Retrieve tab. Then, the Internet Retrieve controls would be replaced by the controls for the calculation: source investments 1 & 2 and operator. Obviously, the target investment would be the current investment, because it would be in its properties...

So the data for calculated prices (prices calculated: yes or no, source investments names and locations, and operator) would be stored in the investment file.

Anyway, some thoughts.
Djobydjoba

Previous

Return to Feedback