Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

FM9 Beta 6

Comments, critical feedback, praise, or suggestions for new features.

Postby Gary T. » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:54 am

Mark,
Just finished going through all of the additions and changes and have discovered one cosmetic problem, and a couple of minor functional problems.
Cosmetic problem is misspelled word in the "Transfer Shares Between Investments" wizard. 'Transfer Souce' - I am sure you meant Source.
Function problems - Help / Fund Manager on the web. Click on Message Board, FAQ, Tutorial. Once the Board Displays, if I immediately exit it closes, and a Info Window comes up with "Other ShellExecute Error: 29" hit OK all is normal. If I remain on the Message board it seems FM does a recall because another tab comes up in Explorer containing the Message Board. If I now Exit Explorer, it asks if I want to close all Tabs, I do and return to FM without the error.
Every thing else looks really good!
Thanks,
Gary T.
Gary T.

Postby Mark » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:12 am

Hi Gary,

Perfect, thanks for the help. I believe the ShellExecute error under those conditions will be there in any version of FM if you exit too quickly. It seems as though the shell thinks it wasn't able to create the window. Thanks for taking the time to look over the beta and provide this feedback.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Gary T. » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:26 am

Mark - the function problem with the two tabs coming up in Explorer seems to be my problem, when I link to the internet from a resident application.
Gary T.

Return to Feedback