Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

FM 9beta 2

Comments, critical feedback, praise, or suggestions for new features.

Postby lbrandon » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:25 pm

Hi Mark;
FM 9Beta 2 In my opinion is worth the upgrade fee to get ride the you must click OK to continue pop up. I am afraid FM 9 got my FM 8 data file . I have it burned to a CD so I am not going to wory about it.
Will the manual transaction import setting be saved from FM 8to FM 9 automaticaly? Do you have a final release date in mind yet?
Lawrence Brandon
lbrandon

Postby Mark » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:39 pm

Hi Lawrence,

Which manual transaction import settings are you asking about? Everything should transfer from FM8 to FM9. This includes all your data, preferences, etc. You shouldn't have to re-enter anything. You do not want to uninstall FM8 before installing FM9. Uninstalling removes all your preferences stored in the registry. Normally, you would just install the new version right over your old one.

There is no specific release date, but it will most likely be towards the end of the month, or early next month. BTW, there is a Beta 5 available now, you may wish to download.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby lbrandon » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:10 am

H, Mark;
I prefer to import tranactions manually as my account # & password are kept secure. Plus it forces me to see if the Co has increased the dividend or cut it etc. I have save tranaction files for 5-6 years I just open the desired old file in note pad change the date and amount . Then go to FM file import transaction generice brouse to the corrected file & import.
I didn't ,istall FM Bheta 9 on top of FM 8 . If I install Bet5 on top of FM 8
That would save the transaction import string wouldn't it ? FM 8 data file is messed up anyway . Should I go ahead and remove one of The FM or wait till the final release. I haven't tried FM 9 on XP Pro x64 yet . I think I will keep the old x64 bit as a back up and not try FM 9 on it .
Lawrence Brandon
lbrandon

Postby Mark » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:52 pm

Hi Lawrence,

The generic transaction import strings should transfer, even if you don't install FM9 over FM8. These are preferences, stored in the registry, so it doesn't matter where you have FM installed. Are your latest generic import settings not showing up okay in FM9? I would not suggest uninstalling anything, as that will remove your preferences from the registry for all versions. If you want to install some version, just install it, without first uninstalling the other one.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Feedback