Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

report list/palette

Comments, critical feedback, praise, or suggestions for new features.

Postby JeanneMarie » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:02 pm

It would be so nice if the palette of memorized reports did not automatically close each time I select a report. I don't go into the program every day. When I do, I like to scan through multiple reports. So it's a mild annoyance to have to keep re-opening. I'm *sure* that there are others who prefer that it close and get out of the way, but I use at least two monitors, so keeping palettes open makes sense for me. So maybe it could be configurable.... (?)

Really a small matter and I've gotten better at using keyboard shortcuts, so I'll get by.

Thanks for listening,
Jeanne
JeanneMarie

Postby Mark » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:26 pm

Hi Jeanne,

Opening a new report, does not close any other report. If you have the current window in the maximized state, and open a new report window, that new report window also starts off maximized, and will cover up any other open windows. This doesn't mean the other report window is closed, it is just behind the current window. You can switch to that other report window under the top level "Window" command. You can also tile or cascade all your open windows from commands under this window, so you can see more than one at once. These tile/command puts the windows back in the "Restored" state, instead of "Maximized".
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby JeanneMarie » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:10 am

No, no. It's a small matter, but just so that we're clear... I'm talking about the palette/list I get when I choose REPORTS > MORE MEMORIZED. I can't do anything while it's open; and I can't keep it open after I choose a report.
JeanneMarie

Postby Mark » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:47 am

Hi Jeanne,

Ahh, okay, I understand now. You'd like for that dialog to be able to remain open, kind of like the Data Register window can.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby JeanneMarie » Sat May 11, 2024 8:50 am

Hi, Mark. May I re-iterate this request? My wrist hurts. Please let this window stay open. There's really no reason for it to close on its own--at least as far as I can tell.

In addition, I'd really like to be able to re-size the list of reports. I try to clean it up from time to time. Right now, I don't have to scroll through it. But sometimes I do have to scroll and I wouldn't have to scroll if I could re-size it.

It's still small stuff, but small matters can make a difference.
JeanneMarie

Postby Mark » Sat May 11, 2024 9:38 am

Hi JeanneMarie,

Okay, thanks for the reminder. I can see the benefit of this, so hopefully we can do this.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Feedback