Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

FM9B2 - Real time quotes very slow

Comments, critical feedback, praise, or suggestions for new features.

Postby LynneB » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:11 pm

I've been using FM8 pro edition and have noticed a huge drop in performance with the Real Time Quote feature in FM9. With FM8 it retrieved quotes at the rate of more than 20 per second. This has dropped to less that .2 per second in FM9. Both Yahoo! and Google Real Time quote servers are running poorly. I'm now using the History Quote server which gets 4 to 5 quotes per second.
LynneB

Postby Mark » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:37 am

Hi LynneB,

Thanks for the feedback. The Yahoo (Real-Time) server in versions 8.x is really not getting real-time quotes anymore. Yahoo changed their service, so that server was really getting the same quotes as just the regular "Yahoo" server. In 9.x the Yahoo (Real-Time) server was updated to retrieve the new Yahoo Real-Time ECN quotes, so they are again real-time quotes now in 9.x. Unfortunately, this new method only retrieves 1 quote at a time, so it is slower. We'll have to look into improving this.

To get the equivalent quotes to what you were getting in 8.x with Yahoo (Real-Time), use FM 9.x's plain "Yahoo" server. This should be fast, even faster than the Yahoo (Historical) server.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby LynneB » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:00 pm

Thanks for the quick response. I tried the plain "Yahoo" quote server and it clocked 50 to over 70 quotes per second! Ya! hOO!
LynneB

Return to Feedback