Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Add special treatment for Benchmarks

Comments, critical feedback, praise, or suggestions for new features.

Postby lucabol » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:23 am

Hi,
Sorry to be posting so many feature requests in a single day. I just decided to sit down and think about everything that I currently don't like in FM (in general it is a fantastic product).

Here it goes. Whenver I create reports, I'm always shuffling the investments that represent my benchmarks around so as to create the report that I want. Also, whenever I group by "Investment Goal" I cannot see my benchmarks anymore.

My feature request is to be able to mark investments as Benchmarks and allow to include them at the end of reports together with the SubTotal data. Whatever other way to achieve the same final goal works.

Thanks,
.luca
lucabol

Postby Mark » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:45 am

Hi Luca,

I do appreciate all your feedback, and the time you spent submitting it. It does help. Please don't hesitate to send more.

I understand this problem, and have struggled with it also. In general, making special cases is usually confusing, but maybe this does warrant it. We'll have to give this some more thought and see if we can come up with something helpful, and not too confusing.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby lucabol » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:57 pm

I fully understand your concern toward special cases. The best thing about FM is that it has very few of them.

At the same time, I haven't found a usable way to achieve my goal.

.luca
lucabol

Return to Feedback