Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Pie Chart Labels

Comments, critical feedback, praise, or suggestions for new features.

Postby MDAnderson » Mon May 06, 2013 7:57 am

An idea for you; I've mentioned it in one of our phone calls but I'll throw it up here and see what others users think...

When creating a pie chart, it would be great if I could label each slice of the pie with its monetary value. The legend shows the percentage of the portfolio for each slice, but not the money. It is nice to have both values (percentage and NAV) on one chart.

Since converting to your software, I find the pie charts helpful to show not only what we've invested in, but also where (broker). It's an immediate way to see who has the money and the asset balance.

Totally a fan of your software, by the way. But you already knew that. :) This fills a much-needed niche for the individual investor and the private executive accountant who is "herding the cats" for someone. Sure glad I found you!
MDAnderson

Postby Mark » Mon May 06, 2013 11:11 am

Hi MDAnderson,

Thanks for the feedback. We could make this more obvious, but it is available down in the status bar. If you put your cursor over any pie slice, and then look in the right-most pane of the status bar (along the bottom of the window) you will see the value of that pie slice.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Ilikemybu » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:49 am

Mark,
I thought I'd surface this, as I had the same question. Have you integrated the capability and I have not found it? (the ability to see values in the legend of pie charts)
Ilikemybu

Postby Mark » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:40 am

Hi Ilikemybu,

Sorry, no, we still haven't implemented this option. We'll try to increase the priority...
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Feedback