Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Old request for new enhancements

Comments, critical feedback, praise, or suggestions for new features.

Postby 4Profits » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:03 pm

Mark,

Again I would like to make a requests for some enhancements. Most of these have been made in the past, but I will keep trying.

1. Default Alerts (stop loss warnings for all entries).
2. Alerts with different colors. IE Notice, Warning, Get the Hell out.
3. Graphs: You presently have fixed graphs ie cost/Value, Cost Price, Moving avg. I would like to see a list of for example: Cost, Present value, Price, Moving Ave, Gain ect. Then I would like to be able to enable them to be displayed on top of each other with a check box and a color selection. something like you do now with MA overlay.
4. I would like an easier way to set the colors. show the graph and allow us to turn on a color tool with a selection cursor. When we click on an object give us the color selection box. When the selection is made display it then ( a WYSIWYG feature) at the end you can then accept and apply.
5. I am not sure about this, but I have never been satisfied with the retrieval or display of options. It might be nice to have a multiple tier retrieval. A list of how to retrieve, 1.for US Stocks, 2. for Options 3. for UK stocks, 4. for Canadian. I am not sure if this could even be done.
[/list]
4Profits

Postby Mark » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:44 am

Hi 4Profits,

Thanks again for the ideas/feedback. On #5, if you have a problem retrieving options please let us know, this should work properly.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby 4Profits » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:16 am

I have on several occasions been able to retrieve options. Most of the time it is related to how symbol being different for different services. More important is the ability to retrieve from the overseas exchanges for foreign stocks. If you had a multi tier retrieval you could select which source to get the info from. A little petty for sure but I just thought I would put it out.

Jim
4Profits

Postby Mark » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:55 am

Hi Jim,

When retrieving transactions, the CUSIP is used. When retrieving prices, the SYMBOL is used. If you want to use different quote servers for different investments, you can override the global default quote server on an investment by investment basis. Select the "Investment Properties... / Internet Retrieve" dialog, and choose which quote server you want for that investment.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Feedback