Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Rename graph windows

Comments, critical feedback, praise, or suggestions for new features.

Postby logandb » Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:01 pm

I have several different graphs of the same type to compare different investments within groups. The problem with this is they all have the same window title: "Graphs: Price + Dist - Investment Overlay".

I would like to be able to rename the graph windows so I can navigate to them more easily from the Window menu.
--
David.
Melbourne, Australia
logandb

Postby Mark » Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:26 am

Hi logandb,

Nice idea, thanks for the feedback.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby investor425 » Tue May 09, 2023 11:08 am

I was just going to post the exact same question, as I have the same need, but I decided to research the message board first and came across this thread.

I have 9 different graph windows open and it's difficult to remember which is which from their listing in the Window menu.

It often takes several tries to select the right graph window because they are all named the same.

So, I second the request:

Would it be possible to please enable the ability to name graph windows so they can be easily identified in the windows menu?

I might add the same issue occurs with the reports windows so it would be great if we could name them as well.

Thanks very much!
investor425

Postby Mark » Tue May 09, 2023 4:28 pm

Hi investor425,

Okay, thanks for the feedback. With reports you can already somewhat control the window title by adjusting the "Title" property of the report. Use "Edit / Report Settings..." and adjust the "Title", which is shown in the window's title, and it will be listed under the top level "Window" menu when listing all the open windows.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Feedback