Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Portfolio Editor

Comments, critical feedback, praise, or suggestions for new features.

Postby 4Profits » Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:08 pm

Mark,
This is a suggestion for a new feature of the portfolio editor. I have several sub-portfolios that I monitor : Kids College, IRA's, Roths and out trust accounts. Some even have multiple accounts. I have each is a subdirectory under our family Portfolio. I then create a new Portfolio called All Holdings that is not under the Family main portfolio. Each investment has a prefix that denotes the family sub-portfolio so it is easy the sort by that as well as the investment goal. But with the prefix it is easily visible the groupings. All of our holdings have multiple alerts and by using the All holdings portfolio I can scroll down through the investments and use multiple trend pages to get a quick view of Cost Value and Value with moving averages and the graphs stay in sync. Using this setup it is quick to look at a lot of investments. However, I really don't want to look at all each day, just some that show interesting movements. Currently have a list of the interested investments to look at that I keep in an Excel sheet that is open on a separate monitor. While working on the Excel sheet I was filling the blocks of some of the investment so they stand out when it hit me that If we could change the background of the investment column name or symbol or the test color this would remove the need for the Excel sheet and allow the interested stocks to stand out for a quick view. set of standard alarm colors Hi Alarm, Hi Warning, Info, Lo Warning and Lo Alarm.
This could be set by right clicking on the field and selecting the alarm type.

It would also be nice to apply these same colors to our alerts on the Alert setup form.

It will be interesting if anyone else would like this.

Jim
4Profits

Postby Mark » Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:46 pm

Hi Jim,

I think I understand, but let me try to clarify. You'd primarily like the ability to set independent background colors for each investment in the Portfolio Editor? Sort of a way to visually categorize investments?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby 4Profits » Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:51 pm

That is correct . I will attach a file of my wish list for future releases that I keep. It is a little simplified but expanded onto some of my other ideas.

Thanks
Jim
Attachments
FundManager Wish List.docx
(15.36 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
4Profits

Postby Mark » Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:04 pm

Hi Jim,

Okay, thanks for the ideas/feedback.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software