Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Finding Old/corrupted transactions

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby jnewton » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:26 pm

Mark:
About a week ago. I was correcting several positions on a group of stocks that has done numerous splits and spin-offs over the past several years. I'm trying to get the shares and basis correct. In the middle of doing this the program crashed. I restated the program and my changes did not seem to be recorded. I am now going back to redo the work I lost, but several of the positions are not even listed. How can I research positions/files that don't seem to be showing up?

Thanks
jnewton

Postby Mark » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:41 pm

Hi jnewton,

If the program ever crashes on you, please let us know. If you see a code and/or address that would be helpful. Also, please let us know the version you're using, and what you were doing exactly when it crashed. Fund Manager should never crash. If you aren't already doing so, I'd recommend downloading the latest version, in case it is due to a bug we've already fixed.

To make sure you are seeing everything, turn on "View / Hidden Investments/Portfoliso". If you still don't see it, you might do a "File / Open Investment(s)..." and see if you can find an investment file that is maybe saved to disk, but not open in Fund Manager.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby jnewton » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:57 pm

Ok Thanks. Usin version 10.2

So going to File/open investments will open old/closed files and enable you to see transactions?

I'm not sure I've lost anything, still trying to get everything straight from conversion. This is a group of stocks (Liberty Media and saffiliates) which splits/spins off something every couple of months. Very complicated and challenging.
jnewton

Postby Mark » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:41 pm

Hi jnewton,

Yes, if you've ever saved the investment file, it will be on your disk, and you can open it with "File / Open Investment(s)...". The investment contains all your prices, transactions, and properties of that investment.

Version 10.3 is now available, and you can get that from the download page.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions