Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

gaps in data downloads

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby Elpus » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:47 pm

Virtually every day I use the "get prices from internet retrieve" to update prices. I work off the Australian Exchange. I track over 150 different shares so dont always check every one every day.

What hapens on occassions is that FM will decide not to download prices for a specific share, but all others are fine. The share selected seems to be at random and the failure to download for that SP can last for days or months.

Example. Woodside (ASX:WPL) last automatic price download was on 10 Oct 09, but others all downloading OK. When I used right click and specific download, then worked OK but then no data from Oct 10 to Dec 21.

I can always download data file and do manual import, but would prefer not to,

Any suggestions.
FM version 8.10 professional
Elpus

Postby Mark » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:05 am

Hi Elpus,

Can you reproduce this problem in version 10.3? This may have been something we've already fixed, but I'm not certain. I would suggest making a copy of your data, and testing it out with 10.3. If you can still reproduce the problem with 10.3, then we can debug it further.

Please keep in mind that the 10.x versions use a new file format, so make sure to work on a copy of your data, so you can go back to 8.10 if you wish.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby investor » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:02 pm

I have had similar problems with foreign securities, not just Australia but also UK & Canada too. I switched those assets from yahoo historical to bloomberg historical & seem to have better luck. I'll be interested to see if 10.3 changes anything once we get it on our server. (chris)
investor

Return to Prices and Transactions