Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Yahoo UK & Ireland not updating Prices

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby Gally » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:10 am

After installing to version 10 I cannot retrieve any price updates for any fund. I am using quote 409 and transaction 106

I think this might be a Yahoo problem as it does not work on their website.

The fund name lookup on the Yahoo website works for Invesco Perpetual Income Inc works but the symbol lookup for the fund GB0033053827GBP does not.

It used to work so can you just check this out and confirm it not a problem with the upgrade.

Thanks
RGDS Gally
Gally

Postby Mark » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:55 am

Hi Gally,

The Yahoo quote server seems to be working, at least for my test symbols. If you can't look up the quote for a symbol on their website, then Fund Manager won't be able to retrieve that quote either. If there is a symbol that you can see the quote on their website, but Fund Manager can't retrieve, please let me know the specific symbol. Nothing has changed for retrieving from Yahoo between v9 and v10.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Gally » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:37 am

I agree Yahoo has a problem but I cannot find a way of contacting them to find out why they have stopped delivering fund prices.

e.g. ISIN GB0003460507 is not working. Perhaps they lost the rights to quote fund prices but I cannot find any definitive statement anywhere.

Have you any idea where I can download prices from another server?

For example the CUSIP/ISIN symbol, GB0003460507 for F&C High Income Fund

I have not been able to download prices for any of my funds since 30th November when it all seemed to stop working
RGDS Gally
Gally

Postby Mark » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:50 am

Hi Gally,

On Yahoo's web site there is a link to "Help" in the upper-right corner. Go there, and then in the top questions, one is "How do I report an error?". Click on that link for feedback forms and email addresses.

I'm not sure what servers offer these quotes, but you can find links to all of our supported servers here:

http://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/intrtv.html

If you visit these with your web browser you can look up your funds, and see if any of them offer the quotes you need.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions