Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Etrade Australia transaction download

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby Ricardo » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:53 am

My Etrade US transaction download works beautifully.
I also trade Australia with an Etrade Australia account. They support QFX and at present if I login to etrade there is a tag "Download to Quicken"
This dumps a qfx file which FundManager imports with no problem.
Doing a Google it seems QFX is fully OFX compliant, (with an "extra" that lets Intuit do something if using Quicken)
I have tried Quicken with my Etrade Australia account, and the process is not as seemless as a FundManager transaction download. From Quicken the Etrade page appears, and it is then necessary to click "download to Quicken" then the data goes in without further intervention.
Does the fact that Etrade Australia supports QFX mean it would be possible to set up seemless transaction downloading the same as for Etrade US.
If yes, please treat this as a request. Hopefully your user base with Australian accounts is enough to make it worth a look. Thanks in advance.
Ricardo

Postby Mark » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:51 am

Hi Ricardo,

Unfortunately, this does not sound like Etrade Australia has an "OFX server". Instead, they make it possible to download an OFX/QFX file via their website, which is a web server, not an OFX server. OFX servers have a common protocol, so portfolio management software can connect to them with a standard interface, without having to customize the procedure for each broker. You might contact Etrade Australia and make your request that they make an OFX server available for their customers. If they do offer an OFX server, we'll be glad to offer support for it. For a little more info on this topic, see:

http://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/faq_ ... upport.php
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Ricardo » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:24 pm

Thanks for the prompt response. I'll contact Etrade Australia, though I'm not optimistic as they clearly have a deal with Quicken (discounted price to Etrade customers buying via the Etrade web site).
At least I can get the data in with a very few "clicks" - just that 1 click would be so much nicer.
Ricardo

Return to Prices and Transactions