Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

"Suspend While Working" timer

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby Djobydjoba » Thu May 16, 2024 10:14 pm

Hi Mark,

I've noticed that the option "Suspend While Working" to delay an automatic retrieve when working on Fund Manager is not very effective. I find that the timer is set too tight (maybe 20-30 secondes), and I would prefer a timer of 2-3 minutes. Or maybe this could be an option. When you are working on FM you can have some breaks of a few seconds while considering you're still working on it. The short timer is stressful when you are working on it.
Djobydjoba

Postby Mark » Fri May 17, 2024 7:53 am

Hi Djobydjoba,

Okay, thanks for the feedback, this might be something for another registry only option...
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Fri May 17, 2024 3:20 pm

Hi Djobydjoba,

It turns out this is already adjustable through a previously un-documented registry only option. The default is 60 seconds. This 60 second delay is user-adjustable through a registry only preference at:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Beiley Software\Fund Manager\CurrentVersion\Internet Retr

with a string valued named "idlesec" set to the desired number of seconds. This preference should already be present in the registry, and is read at program startup, so make the change while FM is not running. We'll add this to the documentation.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Djobydjoba » Mon May 20, 2024 8:01 am

Nice, thanks!
Djobydjoba

Return to Prices and Transactions