Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Amazon AWS unable to access Vanguard

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby jpa » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:41 pm

On a new Amazon AWS workspace, the Fund Manager is unable to access Vanguard. It seems to be some problem with a setting on AWS. Older AWS workspaces work fine. Local machine works fine. Does anyone have any ideas to resolve this issue? Thanks!
jpa

Postby Mark » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:52 pm

Hi jpa,

1) Is it only a problem with Vanguard? Can you access other brokers from this new workspace using FM?

2) What is contained in the log file "Help / Logs / Transaction Retrieve (Raw)..."?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby jpa » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:23 pm

I can try to figure that out. I was helping a client and don't have a Vanguard login to test that.
jpa

Postby jpa » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:25 pm

The new AWS workspace was a generic one (Windows 10 Base version 4GB memory). I tried with several new ones with the same result. My old AWS workspace works fine. It is something with the new setup.
jpa

Postby Mark » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:24 pm

You can test with a fake login. If it connects okay, you should get a message about an invalid signon or something like that. If so, you know it is connecting okay and there is no network type issue.

I don't have any specific knowledge about the AWS situation, but at least these are general debug steps that might help narrow down the issue.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby jpa » Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:24 am

For whatever reason, the new AWS desktops with default setups aren't able to access the brokers. I don't have the ability to trouble shoot. Will look for Amazon alternatives.
jpa

Return to Prices and Transactions