Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Price update rate rapidly deteriorates

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby moonlighter » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:39 am

Retrieving prices from non-batch server (stockwatch); Only one price update per request. Data transfer rate steadily deteriorates over the course of retrieving 20 price updates from 1.00[units?]/second for the first price update to 0.25[units?]/second for the last price update. Don't understand why this is happening.
:mrgreen:
moonlighter

Postby Mark » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:41 am

Hi moonlighter,

How many investments are you updating? It might be the server, slowing down as it sees multiple requests from the same IP address. Are you retrieving often?

I tested it with a dozen investments, and don't notice any significant slowdown here.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby moonlighter » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:03 pm

I am updating 32 investment prices in one sub-portfolio in one shot. By the time it gets to updating the 32nd investment price the rate has declined to about 0.2(KB?)/second from 1.0/second at the beginning of the update. It's not a problem that needs to be solved, I can live with it. Just wondered why this happens. Thanks, Mark.
:mrgreen:
moonlighter

Postby Mark » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:17 pm

I'm not sure why that is happening. It isn't anything FM is doing, but my guess is that somehow the server is limiting your rate based on the number of accesses.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions