Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Data Register not updated after an "Update Price" command

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby Djobydjoba » Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:06 am

Open the Data Register dialog of an investment, go in the "Prices" section, and leave it open.

Use a command in Edit menu > Investment Data > Update Price (or from the contextual menu of the investment) to update price(s) for the investment.

Issue: after the "Update Price" command execution the price(s) in the Data Register dialog is(are) not updated immediately. You have to close and reopen the Data Register for example to see the update(s).

---------------------
PS: there is another situation where the prices in the Data Register is not updated automatically: when you open two Data Register dialogs, one for an investment A and one for an investment B which is calculated from investment A. If you change/update prices in the Data Register for the investment A, the calculated prices in the Data Register of the investment B are not immediately refreshed. I'm not sure if this can be considered as an issue...
Djobydjoba

Postby Mark » Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:30 pm

Hi Djobydjoba,

I can't reproduce this. When I try, it is automatically updating the Data Register properly. Maybe there are other specific conditions required for this situation. What window are you in when you do the price retrieve? Can you reproduce it always?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Djobydjoba » Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:54 pm

Yes, I can reproduce it always.

Here's an animated gif to show the issue: https://i.ibb.co/270V1jX/DRUpdate.gif
Djobydjoba

Postby Mark » Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:06 pm

Hi Djobydjoba,

Thanks, I see it now too. (I was incorrectly doing a price retrieve instead of manual update). We'll get this fixed too.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions