Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

CUSIP or ISIN for Vanguard Trust

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby Vandring » Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:02 am

Anyone have suggestions on where to find the CUSIP or ISIN for fiduciary trusts held in 401(k)s? In particular Vanguard Institutional 500 Index Trust? I find it no where on Fidelity (where I have my 401k) or on Vanguard.
Vandring

Postby Mark » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:51 am

Hi Vandring,

I just did a Google search for the name of the fund, and Vanguard has information on it. See this document, and on page 3 under "Fund facts" they show the CUSIP.

Also, if you're retrieving transactions, you can get the CUSIP that way too. When retrieving transactions, right mouse click on any transaction in the Preview Importing Transactions dialog, and choose to view the details, and you'll see the CUSIP they're reporting.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Vandring » Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:13 am

Hi Mark,
This is a bit strange. And complicated.

When downloading transactions and right clicking in the preview, it shows the CUSIP is OZ6X. It actually finds transactions to download with that CUSIP.

But, when I use 92206T105 I get nothing.

When I look up the CUSIP of OZ6X I get this page ( https://markets.businessinsider.com/fun ... t1051?op=1 ) it gives a ISIN of US92206T1051. It has the name "VANGUARD INSTITUTIONAL 500 INDEX TRUST" But, the NAV for this trust is 268.82 for 11 Jan 2024. It also gives a Net Asset of 141.69B and inception date of 24 June 2016.

When I lookup my investment on Fidelity NetBenefits, it has the same name, but an entirely different NAV, Net Assets and inception date. Fidelity doesn't show a CUSIP or ISIN.

So I think these are two different investments with the same name.

Any thoughts on where I can get quotes for OZ6X?
Vandring

Postby Mark » Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:19 am

Hi Vandring,

CUSIP is used for retrieving both transactions and prices from the broker. Symbol is used for retrieving prices from quote servers.

I'd leave the CUSIP set as is being reported by your broker, so that incoming transactions/prices from the broker get updated properly. You can get closing prices from the broker by retrieving transactions, even if there are no transactions.

If Yahoo has the correct price for this fund, you can set the symbol to whatever Yahoo uses for retrieving prices from them. I did a quick search on Yahoo, and they have a symbol of VFFSX for a fund they label as: "Vanguard 500 Index Institutional Select" and prices are $234 currently. I'm not sure if this is the same as yours or not?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions