Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby 4Profits » Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:07 am

Mark,
I have a question if you changed something

I have some portfolios set up like this

Retirement - Portfolio name
- Stocks - Sub portfolio
- ETF's - Sub portfolio

the account and login is only listed in the main portfolio not in the sub portfolio's
in times past when I downloaded transactions any stocks that existed in the stock portfolio would be logged in the stock sub portfolio if the symbol was there even if the shares were zero - New stock
Any ETF transactions would be logged in the ETF Sub Portfolio if the symbol was there even if the shares were zero - New ETF.
If the symbol was not in either sub portfolio it would be logged in the main portfolio and I could then move it.
Now it seems that all my transactions go under the main portfolio as a new investment even if the the stock symbol is under one of the sub portfolio's. when you have reinvestment occurring, this adds a lot of maintenance to keep up with. Is this a new change or feature?

Thanks,
Jim
4Profits

Postby Mark » Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:33 pm

Hi Jim,

It should work like you described it used to work. Nothing has changed here. If you have incoming transactions that match with an existing investment in any sub-portfolio, they should go in there, and not create a new investment. You might double check that the CUSIP is matching in the existing investment with the incoming transaction. CUSIP is what is used for transaction retrieve.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions