Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

cash price = 1 by default?

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby Bruce » Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:53 pm

This is probably my failing memory, but I thought cash price was "1" by default, so that if I typed in a cash transaction (ex: "buy $100) then I'd type in a value of $100 and the Shares field automatically populated because the price was always $1/share. I don't remember having to type in both Value and Shares. If it IS supposed to work that way, something in my last update took that away. I'd like to get it back as I fat-finger all my transactions.
Bruce

Postby Mark » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:14 pm

Hi Bruce,

This is due to a new option added. You can return it to work the way it used to by turning on the option: "Options / General Preferences... / Other / Transaction Dialogs Initialize Price".
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Bruce » Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:54 pm

Thanks.

I also see that "Initial 'Data Type' in Data Register can be set to other than "all transactions." That mostly solves my previously reported issue of when I'm entering transactions (usually distributions) and am using Alt-I and repeatedly striking the first letter to get to the equity, and the software takes 5 to 10 seconds to get past the Cash window. Like Alt-I, then C twice to get from Cash to CAT.
Bruce

Return to Prices and Transactions