Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Treasury Bill Price Retrieve <Default Server>

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby CGB » Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:10 am

Curious,

What is the best server for retrieving treasury bill prices?

I left treasury bills set to the "Default Server" which is set to Yahoo and Yahoo Historical. The treasury bill prices are updating just fine even though I get a message that the treasury symbols did not update. Is FM checking more than one quote server because I listed the investment type as "Treasury Bill"?

CB
CGB

Postby Mark » Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:06 pm

Hi CGB,

You can use the US Treasury quote server. See this for instructions on using this server:

https://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/int ... USTreasury

How are you verifying the prices are getting updated? If you get an error message when retrieving prices, then they probably aren't getting updated from a price retrieval, and you'll want to change either the symbol or server. Maybe they're getting updated when you retrieve transactions from your broker, if they're held at a broker?

FM won't automatically try a different server than the one you've specified for an investment. After you retrieve prices, if you get an error about a particular investment, you can also double check in the log file (Help / Logs / Price Retrieve...) to see which investments updated, and which didn't, and what servers they retrieved from.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby CGB » Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:33 am

Hi Mark,

Yes, I was getting the error message when retrieving from the Yahoo server, however the prices were being updated during the transaction retrieve.

The US Treasury server reports an error when trying to retrieve before 1:00 PM ET or at night. It has historical prices available 24 hours, but I don't think FM is set up to get those, and I don't really need them.

Thank you.

CGB
CGB

Postby Mark » Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:19 pm

Hi CGB,

If you're happy just getting them from your broker, you can turn off "Investment Properties... / Internet Retrieve / Retrieve Price" on these investments, but leave on the "Update Prices When Retrieving Transaction" property. This will eliminate the warning messages when retrieving prices.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions