Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

TD to Schwab Account move

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby rdg » Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:07 am

The actual transition went fairly well. Unfortunately when I now attempt to download recent transaction data, ie; Dividend reinvestment transactions - they show up as a "NEW" investment and I'm asked for the details etc. & get prompted to "save as" with a totally different file name.
This would seem to duplicate all my investments and give me two records for every holding!
Is there a way around this or am I missing something in the instructions???
rdg

Postby Mark » Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:42 am

Hi rdg,

Make sure you have the correct CUSIP recorded for your investments. One good way to check this is, when retrieving, make sure you have on the option:

Create New Investments as Needed

and under "New Investment Options..." set it to "Create Investments Automatically".

This way, you're not prompted for each new investment. In the "Preview Importing Transactions" window, look at the "New Investment" column. If any of the transactions are going to create a new investment, and you already have that investment, right click on that transaction and look at the details, so you can see the CUSIP it was expecting, and you can record that in your existing investment. Only "Finish" the retrieve once you're satisfied it isn't creating any un-necessary new investments.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions