Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Current Stock Price Isn't Showing Up On Chart (Or historical

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby John_Jacob_Smith » Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:16 am

I'm using FM Professional 2022 and recently set up a new portfolio account in the software. I noticed that the stock that I added to the account isn't auto-updating its historical price nor is the TA chart displaying the RT price throughout the day. The chart just cuts off from the time a manual historical price update was last performed and I have to right-click the stock and click "Retrieve Selected Historical Prices" in order for the stock to update.

I also double-checked to make sure that the Quote Server settings match the settings that I have selected for other stocks in a different portfolio. The only thing that stands out with this stock is that the ticker exists in another portfolio folder so I wonder if maybe this is causing some kind of conflict perhaps. The ticker in the other portfolio displays just fine and doesn't require manual updating. Has anyone seen this sort of behavior before and what I could try doing to fix it?

Thank you!
John_Jacob_Smith

Postby Mark » Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:45 am

Hi John_Jacob_Smith,

Having the same symbol in multiple sub-portfolios should be fine. If you check the Properties... of this investment, under "Internet Retrieve", do you have "Retrieve Price" enabled? After you do a price retrieve, if you go look at this investment in the Data Register under "Prices" data type, is the price updated? If you do a "Retrieve Selected Price" (not the historical), is it updating?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby John_Jacob_Smith » Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:58 am

Hi Mark,
I verified that the "Retrieve Price" option is enabled for the stock. I did a manual price retrieval and that does seem to update the price however I wanted the price to update automatically without having to perform a manual update. It doesn't make sense as to why this stock in this particular portfolio doesn't update automatically like the stocks in my other portfolios.

Thanks!
John_Jacob_Smith

Postby Mark » Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:07 am

Hi John_Jacob_Smith,

How are you "automatically" retrieving prices exactly? Are you using "Edit / Internet Retrieve / Prices..." or pressing the "PRC" button on the toolbar? That should also update this investment, as it updates all open investments that are marked for retrieve.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby John_Jacob_Smith » Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:01 am

I just attached a screenshot showing the "Automatic Retrieve Frequency" setting. I don't have to manually update any other stock except this one in the new portfolio folder that I created.
Attachments
Auto-Update Setting.jpg
Auto-Update Setting.jpg (85.12 KiB) Viewed 719 times
John_Jacob_Smith

Postby Mark » Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:27 am

So, after an automatic retrieve happens, all your other investments are updated, but this one is not, and you've verified this by looking under the "Prices" data type in the Data Register for this investment? If so, maybe it is time for a quick web meeting, so we can take a look at this together. You can call 480-705-0129.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions