Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Some stock prices not updating

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby Gillyches » Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:27 am

I have four stocks that are not updating and I'm wondering if it's something I've set wrongly, maybe, although I can't think what that could be.

The four stocks are Howden Joinery (HWDN.L)
ITV (ITV.L)
Pheonix Holdings (PHNX.L)
Persimmon (PSN.L)

I use an old AceMoney program as well as Fund Manager and the prices are updated on the that and using Yahoo Finance internet site, whereas I use Yahoo UK on Fund Manager.

Has anyone else noticed any of their shares not updating? If so, how have they got around it?

Regards, Gill
Gillyches

Postby Mark » Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:13 pm

Hi Gill,

I just test retrieved HWDN.L from Yahoo UK & Ireland and it retrieved properly. There have been many updates recently to the Yahoo servers, so make sure you're using the latest quote module (586) by selecting "Help / FM on the Web / Check for Updates..." from within FM 2020 or FM 2022.

If you still have troubles while using the latest quote module, please send me the detailed log file after a failed retrieve of just one problematic investment. See "Help / Logs / Price Retrieve (Detailed)...".
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Gillyches » Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:12 pm

Hi Mark,

Yes I have the latest module, 586.

I followed your instructions and have the text file result that I'm attaching.

I hope I've done it right.

Cheerio for now,

Gill
Attachments
intlog_debug.txt
The log
(247.31 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
Gillyches

Postby Mark » Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:59 pm

Hi Gill,

Thanks for the log. You successfully requested many quotes, but HWDN.L was not requested, so I'm guessing it isn't enabled, or you have it going to a different server. Right mouse click on this investment, and click "Properties...", and then go to the "Internet Retrieve" tab. Make sure you have "Retrieve Price" enabled, and are either going to the <Default Server> or Yahoo UK & Ireland (assuming Yahoo UK & Ireland is set as your default server under "Options / Internet Settings...").
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Gillyches » Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:24 pm

Hi Mark,

Ah - Eureka!!!

Thank you! I can't understand how all the others, bar those four, automatically update when I click 'update' but not those. However, I know for the future to check what to do.

Thank you very much for your time and patience and help.

Gill
Gillyches

Return to Prices and Transactions