Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Change Transaction Retrieve Default Dates

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby janfl133 » Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:00 am

Would you please tell me how to change the default dates when retrieving transactions.
janfl133

Postby janfl133 » Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:14 am

PS: This is not true on my settings: "You can control the date range of transactions to retrieve. Fund Manager remembers the date of your last retrieve for each sub-portfolio, and sets this as the default starting date."
Mine always says: "August 6, 2022)
janfl133

Postby Mark » Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:07 pm

Hi janfl133,

2 things to check: 1) Make sure you're retrieving for the same sub-portfolio, as the dates are memorized on a per sub-portfolio basis. 2) Make sure you use "File / Save Portfolio" and/or have on the option to automatically save your portfolio on exit (Options / Save Portfolio on Exit).
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby janfl133 » Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:04 pm

I do save Portfolio and save Investments when I close,

If I do each individual sub portfolio, it saves the date as stated.

When I do the Master Portfolio, it reverts to the August 2022 date.

I did a master portfolio transaction retrieve from the August 2022 date to current and about 20 transactions came up, I unchecked them because I prove out my numbers every week and if I let them retrieve, my numbers would all be wrong. Do you think this is the problem. If so, how can I get rid of those old transactions.

Thank you for your help.
janfl133

Postby Mark » Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:58 pm

Hi janfl133,

Typically, your Master Portfolio should not be set to retrieve transactions. A typical setup would look something like this:

Code: Select all
- Master Portfolio
  - Account 1
    + investment a
    + investment b
  - Account 2
    + investment c
    + investment d

Only "Account 1" and "Account 2" sub-portfolios would have "Retrieve Transactions" enabled. You can initiate the transaction retrieve from "Master Portfolio" and use the option "Also Retrieve All Sub-Portfolios", so that it actually would just retrieve "Account 1" and "Account 2". It kind of sounds like you have Master Portfolio enabled and are retrieving the same account more than once? I'd just go through all your sub-portfolios, and make sure only the ones designated for actual accounts are set to retrieve. Right mouse click on each sub-portfolio and look at "Properties... / Transaction Retrieve Settings...". A good place to work on this, is from within the Portfolio Editor window.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby janfl133 » Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:40 am

Finally got it. I had one sub portfolio that could not be retrieved. After unchecking the option to retrieve, I did and internet transaction retrieve. After completing, I tried a retrieve again and the start date now showed todays date.
Thank you.
janfl133

Return to Prices and Transactions