Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Schwab downloads of reverse split

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby Houstonwb » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:48 am

Having problems downloading a Schwab account. The problem security is FNCH, a low-price stock that recently did a 1-30 reverse price split. FMgr created two additional FNCH securities in the same portfolio around the time of the stock split. One for the new balance. Another showing all the old transactions and removing the old balance. A third noting the reverse split. The earlier share quantities are shown post split.
When I close these securities, and repeat the download, the three securities are reestablished.
My question is how do Schwab downloads without it showing up as three accounts and without FMgr adjusting the pre-split quantities?

Schwab’s web site shows one security with the pre-split quantities transferred out, post-split quantities transferred in, and a cash entry for rounding the post split quantity.
Started recently. Using OAuth without problems. Another account works. Only one security is the problem. Others work and reconcile. A different CUSIP for each security – blank (original security), 31773D101, & 31773D200. I manually added a split to the original security.
This follows problems of duplicate downloaded Schwab transactions about a year ago that I manually reconciled.
Houstonwb

Postby Mark » Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:21 pm

Hi Houstonwb,

I'd suggest manually recording this, and making sure your 1 investment for this ends up with the CUSIP of the investment Schwab says has the post split shares. To record this, just record a 1 for 30 split, and then also a sell transaction for any fractional shares.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Houstonwb » Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:00 am

Manually recorded the transactions, before & after the split. Used most recent CUSIC. Reconciled.
It appears that FMgr uses the previous share balances to the as-adjusted, post split quantities.
FMgr or Schwab keeps wanting to download transactions both to a new account and the existing account after the reconciliation. Am choosing not to import them manually but that is a temporary solution.
Houstonwb

Postby Mark » Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:03 am

Hi Houstonwb,

How did you manually record? Assuming your share balance was correct in FNCH before this split, you would just record a 1 for 30 split, and then a sell of any partial shares. For example, if you owned 100 shares before, after a 1 for 30 split, you would own 3.333 shares. Record a sell transaction of 0.333 shares, so you end up owning 3 shares.

When retrieving transactions, set the "From" date to after this date, so you don't see any of those false split related transactions show up in your retrieve. If you always retrieve at the same sub-portfolio level, FM will remember your last retrieve date, and the "From" date will default to that date, so you're not retrieving over the same dates multiple times.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions