Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

T Bills and Bonds

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby Ilikemybu » Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:19 am

Mark,

It seems I always have problems with T Bills and Bonds when they mature. When I download transactions the amounts never agree that would zero out the item. Attached is a recent example for a Tbill.

Also, an upgrade suggestion, it would be nice if your search function defaulted to the last type of search. (or its a setable option). I almost always search for an investment symbol, and I always have to pick that.

Dave
Attachments
tbill.JPG
tbill.JPG (54.32 KiB) Viewed 992 times
Ilikemybu

Postby Mark » Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:14 am

Hi Dave,

How are you downloading transactions? Are you retrieving from a broker? It looks like you have 1 extra transaction. Instead of just a redemption for 500 shares, you also have an additional redemption for 50,000 shares. If you're retrieving, can you email me the log of your transaction retrieve, and I'll take a look. Please email me both the "Raw" and "Parsed" versions under "Help / Logs / Transaction Retrieve".
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Ilikemybu » Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:23 pm

I download transactions from TDAmeritrade and Fidelity, the latest error was from fidelity. Attached are the logs.
Ilikemybu

Postby Mark » Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:37 pm

Hi Dave,

Please retrieve just the one account in question, and then either email me the logs, or send them via PM. The logs only retain the logs for the most recently retrieved account, so please just retrieve the 1 account before sending the logs. Your logs do contain your account number, so it is best to send privately. The logs do not contain your login credentials.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:52 pm

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your all your help with sending the logs.

Some technical details if you're interested:
Code: Select all
It turns out the broker is reporting the purchase as a BUYDEBT, but the sell is a SELLOTHER instead of a SELLDEBT, thus the current 100x difference in shares.  However, in both buy/sell cases, the security is classified under a DEBTINFO in the security list (and not an OTHERINFO), so I think we can handle this better than we are currently.

For now, I'd suggest editing the redemption to be 500 shares instead of 50,000. Keep the value the same, so the price will go from 1.0 to 100.0. It looks like you've done this once, and then maybe retrieved again, so in your case, just delete the redemption of 50,000 shares. We'll have this improved for the next major update, so you won't have to make manual corrections.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Ilikemybu » Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:08 pm

Mark,

Thanks for the very thorough investigation and response, I look forward to the update an will manage manually for now.
As I stated in the initial post, I've experienced similar in the buy/mature of Bonds, but I don't have a specific example at this time to share. I'll keep an eye out when my next Bond matures.
Ilikemybu

Postby Mark » Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:50 am

Ilikemybu wrote:Also, an upgrade suggestion, it would be nice if your search function defaulted to the last type of search. (or its a setable option). I almost always search for an investment symbol, and I always have to pick that.

Hi Dave,

In the "Find" dialog box, if you press the "..." button to the right of the "In Field" control, you can set the defaults for this Find dialog box.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby alan green » Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:54 pm

This happens to me 50% of the time when a bond matures. Will manage until you can fix it.

Alan
alan green

Postby Mark » Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:50 pm

Hi Alan,

I think we've addressed the T Bills situation, as reported by Fidelity. If you have an additional issue with bonds maturing, and have an example, please email me your transaction retrieve log file.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby alan green » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:35 pm

Mark,

I'm having the same issue with FM recording the share and price incorrectly. The purchase price records the correct price and shares and the sale is different. I'm wondering if you were able to fix this issue?

Alan Green
alan green

Postby Mark » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:53 pm

Hi Alan,

Yes, we addressed this issue in version 2024.18.0. If you're using the latest version (2024.18.1) and still see an issue, please let me know.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions