Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Fidelity Access

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby sollner » Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:10 am

Hi Mark,
I just learned that Fidelity will soon change the way third-party applications can access account information. The new system is called Fidelity Access. A brief description is here: https://www.fidelity.com/security/fidelity-access-data-security. I hope FM is working with Fidelity so that the transition will be smooth for all of us devoted FM users. Please let me know when you expect the transition to occur.
Thanks,
Gerry
sollner

Postby Mark » Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:05 pm

Hi Gerry,

I'm not familiar with Fidelity Access. From reading that link you sent it seems to apply more to 3rd party apps that are screen scraping, as opposed to using their OFX server. Fund Manager uses their OFX server, and is not doing any screen scraping. We don't have any special contacts at Fidelity to ask about this. Finding the right person in such a large organization to ask about this can be very challenging.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby sollner » Tue May 02, 2023 2:59 pm

Hi Mark,

I just spoke to a Fidelity rep. After some consultation, she said the Fidelity Access will not change anything about access through the OFX server. Fidelity Access is for "aggregators," whoever they are.
Guess I was being concerned about nothing.

Best,
Gerry
sollner

Postby Mark » Tue May 02, 2023 4:53 pm

Hi Gerry,

That’s good to hear. Thanks for taking the time to investigate and sharing your learnings here.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions