Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Initial download problem for new portfolio

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby roywashburn » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:56 am

I've installed Fund Manager Personal 9.5 on my Windows Vista PC for the first time, and I am a new Fund Manager user.
Upon initial installation, I attempted to import current transactions and positions from Scottrade and was seemingly successful. However, I did not understand many of the entries that appeared in Fund Manager and I did not see a way of keeping track of cash. So I deleted that portfolio and attempted a new import from Scottrade, carefully following each step in the tutorial to retrieve Transactions and Positions. The connection to Scottrade was made but no data appeared to import. Several subsequent attempts over three days time are the same.
Can you suggest corrective action?
roywashburn

Postby Mark » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:15 am

Hi roywashburn,

Are you using the "New Portfolio Setup Wizard"? I'm guessing so, as that is how the tutorial does it. How are you verifying no data imports? Do you see any investments listed on the "Retrieved Investments" page of the New Portfolio Wizard?

You can also try doing a "File / Close Portfolio" to make sure everything is closed, and then go through the steps with the New Portfolio Wizard.

If you still have troubles, and would like some 1:1 help, please give us a call at 480-705-0129. We can walk through it together over the phone.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions