Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Trouble downloading Ameriprise Transactions to FM

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby wadebarg » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:21 am

My broker has moved his platform to Ameriprise Financial Services.I have four different accounts and cannot download transaction sand prices ,as I use to do from Schwab. I use Chrom and have carefully set up all transactions settings as outlined in FM protocols. I have called and discussed the problem with Ameriprise IT staff, and they walked through a screen review to make sure I had accounts correctly listed. As a new client, I followed through with the prompt to log into Ameriprise.com/quisken, and then logged into with my normal User ID and Password. I received a message to go back in to my program as I had 1/2 hour to come back in , and it would allow me to finish the process. It did not work and I keep receiving the error message: Failed to Retrieve portfolio.
Ameriprise advised to have FM contact them as they only support Quicken. I stated any OFX should work, but they would not further assist.
I note Ameriprise Financial services is a supported FM Broker. I di fine considerable web traffic about Ameriprise not supporting downloads other than Quicken.
Amy one have any ideas or has Mark been in contact lately with them to confirm a working relationship?
wadebarg

Postby Mark » Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:49 am

Hi wadebarg,

What is the name of the interface they tell you to use in Quicken? Quicken doesn't appear to have an "Ameriprise Financial Services" anymore, but they have some that start with "Ameriprise Brokerage 133". I tested the "Ameriprise Brokerage 133 Direct" and it is replying with the error message:

"Please verify your identity at http://www.ameriprise.com/quicken to proceed for downloads."

This seems like an extra step outside the normal OFX flow, but maybe they are temporarily enabling your account for OFX access after you log in here. I don't have a contact at Ameriprise to call, or a test account. As one of their customers, maybe you could either ask them to call or email us? I'd be happy to work with them. Alternatively, you could look at and/or send me your log file after you go through this process in Fund Manager. See "Help / Logs / Transaction Retrieve (Raw)...".
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby wadebarg » Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:35 am

Thanks for your prompt reply. I believe you are correct that the portal is Ameriprise Brokerage 133 Direct; however, I not a number of posts on google search stating that this does not work now. I am putting together PDF that will provide you with a lot of information about each screen I receive when I try a download. I have attached the latest log from a failed process. Later today I will send you over email the PDF of what I see when trying to download.
Attachments
Log Transaction Data Raw.txt
Log Raw
(579 Bytes) Downloaded 93 times
wadebarg

Postby wadebarg » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:44 am

Sense my communication of last evening, another thought has become possible that needs evaluation.
When I get the message to go to ameriprise.com/quickin site, and then get the approval to close that window, the message says go back to quicken and complete the "Quicken Account Set up Page".
I don't have that option, and have just gone back to FM and attempted to do a transaction download. Perhaps quicken send a test message or something like that and Ameriprise ais looking for it to complete the process before attempting a full blown download..
I don't know how quicken does this, but that may be a clue as to a missing step.

Wade
wadebarg

Postby Mark » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:12 am

Hi Wade,

Thanks very much for your help and all the documentation. It was helpful. It appears Ameriprise may be blocking all access except from Quicken to their OFX server. We would need to talk to someone at Ameriprise to know for sure, and/or to see if they would be willing to grant FM users access. If you (or any other Ameriprise customer) would like to ask them about this, that would be great. We'd be happy to work with them to get this working again in Fund Manager. If you do get someone willing to help, you can have them email, or call me at 480-705-0129.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby wadebarg » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:29 am

Thanks for your review .
I'll see what I cane stir up through my Financial Manager, and his decision to move from Schwab as a Custodian to Ameriprise. I'll keep you updated on email as i make an inquiry.
wadebarg

Postby hipped1 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:41 am

I was able to setup Ameriprise using the 133 connection, perhaps the connection issues have been fixed since earlier this year.
hipped1

Postby Mark » Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:04 am

Hi hipped1,

Excellent, thanks for the update.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions