Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

"Transfer In" to Canadian LIF and RIF.

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby akahrim » Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:31 pm

Hi Mark...here in Canada we have LIF Life Income Funds, and RIF Retirement Income Funds.

I did a "Transfer In" to my RIF and it came in as one transaction with a price of 1.000, and number of shares equal to dollar value of "The transfer In". Which is what I wanted.

I did a Transfer In" to my LIF and it came in as many transactions (same date) with price of 10.00 and all transfers add up to dollar value transferred in.

I am not sure what I did wrong but the "Transfer In" dialog boxes are different.

How can I get my LIF "Transfer In" to be same as my RIF "Transfer In", (i.e.) one transaction with a price of 1.000.

What do I have to undo/delete to accomplish this?

Thanks
AK
akahrim

Postby Mark » Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:39 pm

Hi AK,

If you use the "Transfer In" dialog box to record this, you should only get 1 Transfer In transaction. Maybe you used "Transfer Between"? In certain cases, this will generate one Transfer In for each open lot transferred. In any event, you can just use the Data Register to delete all the transactions you don't want, and then re-record the 1 Transfer In transaction. If you need help deleting transactions with the Data Register, see the Data Register Tutorial.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby akahrim » Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:37 pm

Hi Mark... worked like a charm.
Thanks
AK
akahrim

Return to Prices and Transactions