Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Data Registers not posting

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby pdgood » Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:03 am

This was 'SIAT'... sorry.

Hi Mark,
I have read the Log Text and everything appears correct. The date range was Dec. 28 – Jan. 6 and only 5 investments distributed dividends. There are 14 mutual funds and two ETFs. There were no capital gains distributed.
Let me point out that all the investments values and totals compare. This is not surprising because the account pays out all distributions. The Data Register for the ‘Cash’ account is posted for each of the five investments which distributed dividends and the sum is shown as “transferred out”; net zero.
I run the reports for Income and Distributions as a routine. That is where I noticed the omission. I then checked the Data Register for each of the five investments which paid out and none had their payment posted. Again, the error is not in the account totals because the ‘money in’ went out. However, the investment yields, performances and income schedules will be incorrect.
The question is: How did the audit trail miss the Payor, as the Data Registers of all the five investments are not posted.
So, what are the possible causes and how do we correct it going forward? Could EJA have done something differently?
I can manually correct this but I don’t want to do it for every distribution!

Thanks in advance!
Phil Garner
pdgood

Postby Mark » Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:56 am

Hi Phil,

So, do I understand that you had some distributed distributions and there was only some entry in the default cash account, but there were not distribution transactions in the funds that paid the distributions? Are you looking in the Data Register under the data type of "All Transactions"?

If you retrieve and temporarily turn off "Skip transactions already in Fund Manager", and look at what is shown in the "Preview Importing Transactions" dialog, what type of transaction and in what investment are the distributions showing up in? (You can just "Cancel" this, so you don't create duplicates, after doing this test.)

If you'd like me to look more closely at it, please email me both the "Raw" and "Parsed" log files.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby pdgood » Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:37 am

Hi Mark

Please provide e-mail instructions.

I did not see a way to attach the file from the software.
pdgood

Postby Mark » Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:54 am

Hi Phil,

I just sent you an email, you can reply to that with any attachments...
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions