Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Interactive Brokers

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby koscheve » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:13 pm

I'm probably will purchase Fund Manager after my trial period, but I was wondering if you can import transactions from Interactive Brokers since I don't see them in the broker list. IB does offer download in qfx format, but like another portfolio manager software I found, Fund Manager cannot read them. It reads qfx fine from another broker, just like I ran into before. The other product fixed their product, but does not plan to offer support for Vista 64-bit anytime soon. Fund manager looks better anyway.
koscheve

Postby Mark » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:02 pm

Hi koscheve,

Interactive Broker (IB) doesn't have an 'OFX server', but you can download files in a OFX format that you can then import into Fund Manager using "File / Import / Transactions / Open Financial Exchange (*.QFX, *.OFX)...". We have customers using this download/import, so I believe it is working. Maybe your OFX file downloaded is empty or something? Did you get any errors when importing, or did it just not show any transactions? Did you make sure to check the option to automatically create new investments as needed in the import dialog?

If none of the above tips work, you can email us a sample QFX/OFX file that won't import, and we can take a look.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby koscheve » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:14 pm

Not sure what I was doing wrong, but your instructions worked fine. Thanks for the wonderful support. You'll have my business soon.
koscheve

Return to Prices and Transactions