Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Quandl quote server date lag

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby Duncan » Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:40 pm

Quandl seems to be updating with a lag of one day. All other prices from other sources are updating to the same day as I do a retrieve. Example is LBMA/GOLD:2 updated on 4/20/22 at 9:30 pm is getting price for 4/19/22. Can this be adjusted for Quandl so I do not mess up the others?
Duncan

Postby Mark » Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:18 am

Hi Duncan,

This isn't something you can adjust within FM. FM just requests the most recent price when using the Quandl server. The availability of data, and when it is updated is controlled by Quandl. What are you worried about messing up?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Duncan » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:00 pm

Mark wrote:Hi Duncan,

This isn't something you can adjust within FM. FM just requests the most recent price when using the Quandl server. The availability of data, and when it is updated is controlled by Quandl. What are you worried about messing up?

I was thinking that I might be able to use the registry key that you refer to in the FAQ regarding price retrieval default lags. That registry key looks like a global variable that might affect all price servers. I figured that if I adjusted it for Quandl it might mess up the other price servers. However after reading your response it looks like the concern is moot since it will not fix the Quandl problem so there is no reason to apply it.
Duncan

Postby Mark » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:32 pm

Hi Duncan,

I think you're thinking about the registry option to adjust the "default date", but this default date only applies to quote servers that don't specify a date along with their quote. That isn't the case with Quandl.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions