Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Data Register refreshing behavior

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby Djobydjoba » Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:07 am

Hi Mark,

In the Data Register, when we click to add a new transaction, or when we click OK to validate a transaction (see the animated gif which shows both situations), a sort of re scanning occurs with a vertical resync and a scrollbar movement. I was wondering if this could be avoided? Nothing of importance, just a little bit annoying when we have to manually enter a lot of transactions.

FMRefreshingInDataRegister.gif
FMRefreshingInDataRegister.gif (222.57 KiB) Viewed 1392 times
Djobydjoba

Postby Mark » Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:35 am

Hi Djobydjoba,

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, the list is being emptied out and re-filled/sorted. We could try to add some smarts to edit the list instead.

A tip: If you use "Cancel" instead of "OK" when editing without making any changes, the list won't be re-filled.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Djobydjoba » Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:46 am

It seemed strange to me that the list is being emptied out and re-filled/sorted even each time I just click on the New button > Buy/Sell (so even before recording a new transaction).
But now I can't reproduce that...
Anyway, the screenshot can testify to this.
Really, nothing important, but when you have more than 100 transactions to enter manually it makes you a bit seasick :lol:

Regards
Djobydjoba

Postby Djobydjoba » Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:58 am

What I have noticed:

From the Data Register:

1) Click the New > Buy/Sell Data Register button
>> the list of transactions in the Data Register is not refreshed (ie. not emptied out and re-filled/sorted). Normal
2) Add a (or edit an existing) transaction, then OK
>> the list of transactions in the Data Register is now refreshed. Seems normal at this point.
3) Click the New > Buy/Sell Data Register button again
>> the list of transactions in the Data Register is refreshed again. Seems NOT necessary at this point
4) Click Cancel
>> the list of transactions in the Data Register is not refreshed. Normal.
5) Click the New > Buy/Sell Data Register button again
>> the list of transactions in the Data Register is not refreshed. Seems normal.
6) Add a (or edit an existing) transaction, then OK
>> the list of transactions in the Data Register is now refreshed. Seems normal at this point.
7) Click the New > Buy/Sell Data Register button again
>> the list of transactions in the Data Register is refreshed again. Seems NOT necessary at this point

In short: when a B/S transaction has just been recorded or edited (and OK button clicked), the list is refreshed again as soon as the New > Buy/Sell Data Register button is clicked again. Seems not necessary?
Djobydjoba

Postby Mark » Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:32 am

Hi Djobydjoba,

Thanks much for the detailed instructions. I see this too now. We'll get this fixed.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions