Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Failed to Retrieve Portfolio

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby frenchhill » Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:51 am

Hi Mark,

I've been connecting and downloading from JP Morgan Private Bank for the past few years. Recently, it stopped downloading and only returns "Failed to Retrieve Portfolio". It seems to fail on the Analyzing Response step. There is nothing in the logs.

I've updated the software to QM 566 and TM 254. Still the same.

I spoke with the bank and they see the request and see a response being sent out.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Brian
frenchhill

Postby Mark » Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:50 pm

Hi Brian,

Did you look in the "Help / Logs / Transaction Retrieve (Raw)..." file? Is that empty? I did a test retrieve here, and the server is responding properly.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby frenchhill » Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:35 am

Hi Mark,

Yes, the log is empty. Is there any other way to tell what, if anything, is being sent back from the bank?

They seem to think it's the software, but I have other JPM logins that work. That makes me think the issue is on their end, but I need to provide them with some guidance.

Thanks
Brian
frenchhill

Postby Mark » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:13 am

Hi Brian,

Interesting... The data sent is in the log file "ofxpost.txt", and the data received is in the log file "ofxretr.txt". If the ofxretr.txt log file is empty it seems the response didn't come back. When I test it from here I do get a valid response, although it says "Signon Invalid", which is to be expected since I'm testing it with made up credentials. Do you maybe have the incorrect account number, or have it formatted wrong? This server requires you to know the account number. Since you seem to have found an odd case where nothing comes back, it seems your login isn't failing, but something else seems to be causing an empty response from their server, which makes me think to look at the account number.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby frenchhill » Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:00 am

Hi Mark,

The account numbers are correct. They are in the same format as my other login which works. And this login/acct numbers worked a few weeks ago.

A similar issue happened in the past and the resolution was on their end. It had to do with the way they coded some accounts and they could not be on the same login. Very strange, but we were able to solve. I think this is same issue.

Thanks for the help. I'll work with them to find a solution.

Brian
frenchhill

Postby frenchhill » Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:45 am

Hi Mark,

To close the loop, it was a JPM issue 100%. Your software was not the issue and works great.

Thanks again.

Brian
frenchhill

Return to Prices and Transactions