Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Turn off Price Retrieval for multiple securities

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby divinest » Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:40 pm

Hi Mark, Is there a way to select multiple securities and turn off price retrieval. For instance with option not able to update the prices with yahoo option quotes, so have to go individual option and go to properties and turn off price retrieval, however wanted to see if there is an option to select multiple and turn off price retrieval. Thanks much for your time.
divinest

Postby Mark » Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:29 pm

Hi divinest,

There isn't. If you were doing it with hidden investments, you can do this with "File / File Operations / Hide Sold Investments...", but that doesn't sound appropriate for the situation you've described.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby JeanneMarie » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:36 am

Hi, Mark. May I just add my voice to those who'd like to see more ability to change a single aspect of multiple positions at a time from the GUI? I'm studying the documentation on the files that can be imported to accomplish this. Still, this is cumbersome. (Still, all this right-clicking can get crippling, so I'm grateful for this alternative.)

If you've ever used iTunes.... :wink:
JeanneMarie

Postby Mark » Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:37 am

Hi JeanneMarie,

Thanks for the feedback. This can be done in the Advisor version on a per-symbol basis. You can modify properties of all investments with a given symbol at once. I understand your request though.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby JeanneMarie » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:50 pm

Just to clarify, Mark: I was referring to being able to update multiple securities, not multiple positions in the same security.

Thanks.
JeanneMarie

Return to Prices and Transactions