Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

How to Handle Hertz?

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby ccclapp » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:45 pm

Hi

Over the past 18 months I have bought/sold/held Hertz stock (and now warrants) and am seeking assistance in tracking this in FM. The basic evolution of the stock includes:

• Initially traded on NYSE as HTZ or HTZZ??
• In conjunction with bankruptcy, de-listed from NYSE and traded OTC as HTZGQ
• As came out of bankruptcy, listed Nasdaq and existing shareholders received both stock (HTZ) and warrants (HTZWW)

All of these are included in my TD Ameritrade direct-connected FM transactions.

My question is: is there a way to have these show as a single investment for tracking purposes in FM? I expect I would keep them separate on the primary brokerage sub portfolio (which hold the actual TDA brokerage account), but wonder of I can somehow group them to report as a single “Investment” on some dummy sub-portfolios, (along with the other investments in those dummy sub-portfolios)?

Thanks
ccclapp

Postby Mark » Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:11 am

Hi ccclapp,

When the symbol/exchange changes, you can just change the symbol of the existing investment, instead of creating a new investment. I'm not sure how it is recorded now, but just a change of symbol doesn't mean you have to change to a new investment. However, when it went from a single investment into 2 investments (receiving stock and warrants), this would require having 2 investments. You could group these 2 investments into their own sub-portfolio if you wanted to do performance calculations on them as a whole, but they would still be 2 investments.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions