Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

All Splits incorrectly show as 1:1 TD Ameritrade

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby ccclapp » Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:39 pm

HI
In my directly connected TD Ameritrade account, splits are always recorded in FM as 1:1, e.g Apple 2020 and NVIDIA 2021 splits were 4:1 but in FM show as 1:1. I can manually edit to change to 4:1 and all is fine, however the 1:1 split is re-imported upon Transaction Update. Since 1:1 has no impact on anything its ok (though incorrect) to have both.

Note: on Historic Price Update dialog I have de-selected update splits & dividends, as recommended

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks!
ccclapp

Postby Mark » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:06 am

Hi ccclapp,

It depends on how TD is reporting splits in their OFX feed. Often times it is necessary to manually clean up things like corporate actions. If you can retrieve an account for a date range covering a split, and email me the log file, I can take a look. See "Help / Logs / Transaction Retrieve...". Please send me both the Raw and Parsed versions. I wouldn't leave extra 1:1 splits recorded. Instead, just make sure you're not retrieving for past dates you've already retrieved.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby ccclapp » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:58 pm

Mark wrote:Hi ccclapp,

If you can retrieve an account for a date range covering a split, and email me the log file, I can take a look. See "Help / Logs / Transaction Retrieve...". Please send me both the Raw and Parsed versions.

I wouldn't leave extra 1:1 splits recorded. Instead, just make sure you're not retrieving for past dates you've already retrieved.

1) How do I "retrieve an account for a date range covering a split". These have been previously retrieved. If I just re-retrieve for the desired date range, does that give you what you want (even though FM reports no changes)?

2) I often retrieve prior dates as I test FM and get initially setup. I see no harm in having the additional 1:1 split, or am I missing some reason it is important not to have them?

Thanks, Mark!
ccclapp

Postby Mark » Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:14 am

Hi ccclapp,

1) Yes, it would. But, to confirm you see the split, temporarily turn OFF the option "Skip transactions already in FM investments". Do not press "Finish" with this option on, or you will duplicate transactions. It can be used just to see what is being imported in the Preview dialog, and then cancel or go back.

2) There is no important reason not to have 1:1 splits, other than un-needed clutter. It won't really hurt anything, but it is usually best to have as clean/accurate data as possible.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions