Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Reconcile: TD Ameritrade Transaction Delay

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby ccclapp » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:59 pm

New User:

When reconciling my directly connected TDA account, imported transactions seem to be about a day behind the FM "Statement" balance, so any investments traded in the day of reconciliation do not match: The "Fund Manager" balance does not reflect the last day's trades but the "Statement" balance does.

Is there a work around for this?

One I can think of is to manually enter the past day's trades. Is this fine to do, or will I get duplicate entries the next day (when FM imports)?

Is there any way to reconcile to a prior date? I imagine I could by reconciling to a csv export from TDA (which would also not show the past day's trades. Is it possible via direct connect (vs csv)?

1) What do you recommend?
2) Im curious that there are no mentions of this in the forums I could fine. Is this not a common problem?

Thanks

Thanks
ccclapp

Postby Mark » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:03 am

Hi ccclapp,

I'm not sure how TD functions in this regard. It is possible that transactions are being posted later than represented by the positions being reported. If so, I'd just recommend to wait until the transactions post to reconcile, or checking/understanding the differences. With the reconciliation feature against an online broker you can't choose the date to reconcile, it is just the date supplied by the broker.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby ccclapp » Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:09 pm

Mark wrote:Hi ccclapp,

With the reconciliation feature against an online broker you can't choose the date to reconcile, it is just the date supplied by the broker.

...good to know

I have determined on A GIVEN DAY the following timing on my TDA Account:

TRANSACTIONS: get imported to FM at 2am that night (next morning)
RECONCILIATION STATEMENT: get recorded in reconciliation balance (vs FM balance) immediately

Therefore: One MUST reconcile after 2:00 AM but before 7:00 AM the morning following the GIVEN DAY. This assumes one has transactions on the GIVEN DAY and also has pre-market transactions the following morning (which begin at 7:00 AM). If no transactions, one has more flexibility.

Thanks
ccclapp

Postby Mark » Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:16 am

Interesting, thanks for sharing that.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions