Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Transaction Receive Problem from Schwab

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby Good_Vibe » Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:17 pm

Fund Manager 12/11/2021
Mark:
The eternal “Schwab” transaction receive problem has struck again. The problem showed up about three weeks ago, but due to time pressures I just entered the missing transactions into Fund Manager by hand. Several funds we are invested in pay dividends in the fourth quarter of each year. Hand patching just is not an acceptable option.

Did not receive any error message of any kind from Fund Manager. The transaction receive appears to function correctly but does not deliver any transactions. I can demonstrate about twenty transactions that should have been retrieved based upon examination of the accounts at Schwab.
Hope this can be quickly resolved.
Thanks, Phil (AKA GoodVib)
Good_Vibe

Postby Mark » Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:23 pm

Hi Phil,

I'd need to be able to have an example case in order to investigate. To do this, pick one transaction in question and then retrieve just this one account, setting the date range to cover at least one week on each side of the date of this transaction. When you retrieve, temporarily turn off "Skip transactions already in Fund Manager Investment". If you don't see this transaction in the Preview Importing Transaction dialog, send me the log file from "Help / Logs / Transaction Retrieve (Raw)" along with the details of the transaction that should have been retrieved.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Good_Vibe » Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:21 pm

Mark:
Attempted carry out the diagnostic you requested. Detailed in the attached Word document.
My problem is that I don't know how to locate the log you requested.
Please advise.
Thanks, Phil

<attachment deleted by moderator>
Good_Vibe

Postby Good_Vibe » Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:36 pm

Mark:
OK, by fumbling around, I found the ofxretr.txt file you requested. Attached to this post.

Good_Vibe

Postby Good_Vibe » Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:58 pm

Mark:
Not precisely sure that I sent the correct ofxretr.txt. Reran the entire drill and have attached the latest copy of ofxretr.txt.
If I have messed this up, just let me know and I will step through the drill carefully again.
Thanks, Phil

Good_Vibe

Postby Mark » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:12 pm

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the files. Since you have some personal information here, I will reply via email, instead of on the forum here.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Good_Vibe » Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:16 pm

Mark:
Wanted to be sure you knew I'm available for a web conference. Really appreciate your help!
Thanks, Phil
Good_Vibe

Postby Good_Vibe » Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:37 pm

Mark:
A previous transaction retrieve problem involved my antivirus (McAfee) software. Had a difficult time turning McAfee to test before. Hope that is not the problem now.
Thanks, Phil
Good_Vibe

Postby Mark » Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:10 pm

Hi Phil,

I've just sent you an email, so we can figure out a time to do a quick web meeting.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Good_Vibe » Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:33 pm

Mark:
Your guidance today was magnificent! In case you are interested, a convenient web site for looking up CUSIPs is https://www.stockmarketmba.com/symbollookup.php
Again, THANK YOU!
Good_Vibe

Return to Prices and Transactions