Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Schwab Retrieval Problem

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby stew0912 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:33 pm

Hi Mark,

I'm struggling with the issue of retrieving transactions from Schwab. When I go through the FM steps of acquiring an Access Code, I'm led to login to my Schwab account, agree to the third party access (which is enabled) and then instructed to select between my Schwab accounts or new accounts, except my Schwab accounts are not listed. I've called Schwab Tech Suppport and they tell me that an API has to be created by the third party which I thought would have already been done. So I'm stuck needing some input from the FM end. Would appreciate your comments.

Thanks
Stew
stew0912

Postby Mark » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:35 pm

Hi Stew,

Not all accounts are available through Schwab's new FDX interface. Particularly, if you only have LPOA, and not FPOA on some accounts, they won't be available. Does this sound like it could be the issue? What type of accounts are you trying to retrieve? Are they your personal account(s)?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby stew0912 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:18 am

Thanks Mark,

I assume you're referring to Limited and Full Power of Attorney, and that may be the issue. The accounts are personal retirement (IRA) accounts with a beneficiary but I don't believe there is a power of attorney. I'll work with Schwab on that.

Thanks for your help.
stew0912

Postby Mark » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:15 am

Yes, I meant Full/Limited Power of Attorney. This isn't necessary if you are the owner, but if you're not, then you need the FPOA to have FDX access. Hopefully Schwab can explain why you're not seeing these accounts as available to Fund Manager.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby stew0912 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:56 pm

Hi Mark,

I'm still struggling with this issue and Schwab doesn't appear to have an explanation for why the accounts do not appear on their selection page when FM takes me there to get the access code. I was wondering if you have the name and number of a specific individual at Schwab that you have dealt with who is familiar with this issue and getting it resolved?

Thanks
Stew
stew0912

Postby Mark » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:14 pm

Hi Stew,

I'm sorry, I don't have an appropriate contact for you on this. All I can suggest is their regular customer support line, and maybe be persistent in asking for an explanation.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions