Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Reconciliation STRANGE Working

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby Gally » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:06 am

I have a portfolio with 6 investments. The properties of the portfolio confirm this ans with no sub portfolios. Each investment has its own file.

When I select the manually reconcile option only the last investment is shown. It number of shares is the total for all the investments.

If I click edit, the portfolio edit show the transaction ofr the investment and the drop down list box shows all the others as well.

If I edit each fund separately using portfolio editor and click finish the reconciled date for all six funds update correclty.

If I go back into teh reconcile transaction again I see only one investment as before. Reconcile works ok for other portfolios but not this one.......STRANGE
RGDS Gally
Gally

Postby Mark » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:26 pm

Hi Gally,

When you manually reconcile, notice there is a "Statement Date" that you can enter. This controls how many shares are owned for each investment. Also, notice the "Hide Investments with Zero Shares" option.

I didn't quite follow what you were doing in the Portfolio Editor? Do you mean the "Data Register"? From within the Reconciliation Wizard, when you select an investment, and choose "Edit", this opens the "Data Register". The Portfolio Editor isn't involved during reconciliation.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions