Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

How to retrieve historical prices from Morningstar IT ?

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby giancarlo.dibetta » Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:16 am

Hello

does anyone know if it is possible to retrieve historical prices from Morningstar IT ?

Internet retrieve of prices for Mutual Funds works fine for me.

For example for ISIN = LU0073232471 -- Morgan Stanley Investment Funds - US Growth Fund A (USD) (EUR) -- I have set up 0P00000SGC in the Symbol field and price retrieve works perfectly. I run it everyday using the command line for the whole portfolio.

However I would also like to retrieve historical prices for my investments. But I do not know :

1. Is it possible ?
2. How should FM be configured to do this ?

Thanks a lot!

Giancarlo.
giancarlo.dibetta

Postby Mark » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:26 am

Hello Giancarlo,

You can't retrieve historical prices from Morningstar - IT. That is only a current quote server. If a server is capable of retrieving historical prices it will have "historical" in the name. You might try searching some of the historical quote servers with your browser to see if they offer the quotes you need. We have a list of the servers, and information on each, here.

If you find a historical server with this quote, you can continue using Morningstar - IT for current, and use this other one for historical. If necessary, you can even have different symbols for each quote server. See "Investment Properties... / Internet Retrieve / Advanced... / Use Alternate Symbol When Retrieving From Historical Quote Server".
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions