Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Yahoo doesn't match Yahoo Historical

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby dellwo » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:29 pm

I've always used Yahoo but lately I get a large difference when I update historical (which I do periodically). I think it is usually mostly SLASX (current price is off). I don't want to mess up all my data and now I don't trust it.

Do you have a favorite source to use? I just tried WSJ but many symbols didn't update (and slow).
dellwo

Postby dellwo » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:33 pm

I just tried CNN Money which seems to work but historical doesn't ask for dates.
dellwo

Postby Mark » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:25 am

Hi dellwo,

Yahoo (Historical) is usually the fastest/best. Do you have an example of something that isn't retrieving properly? If you look on Yahoo's site at their historical prices, is something incorrect there?

CNN Money isn't a historical quote server. Only servers with "(Historical)" in the name will be historical servers that prompt you for a date range. For details on each server, see:

https://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/intrtv.html
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby dellwo » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:48 am

Seems like SLASX current price is frequently off. So Historical should actually fix it.

CNN Money was listed as a historical choice.

Thanks, Joe
dellwo

Postby Mark » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:30 pm

Hi Joe,

There are 2 quote servers you can define in Fund Manager. They are labelled as "Quote Server" and "Historical Quote Server", but each can be used for any server you want. If you assign a non-historical server to the "Historical Quote Server" it will not retrieve history, it just uses whatever quote server you chose. You can kind of think of them as Quote Server 1 and Quote Server 2, it is just that they are labelled that way, as usually one is assigned to a current server, and the other a historical one, but it doesn't have to be that way.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions