Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Not retrieving Fidelity transactions

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby MartyP » Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:57 pm

I can't retrieve my Fidelity brokerage transactions using version 2018.15.5.100. Passwords, date range seem OK. If you have a procedure for checking out common issues that's what I need. Also historical prices from Yahoo or CNN. The log shows FM is bypassing Yahoo and trying to unsuccessfully use CNN.

Do I need to update FM to make the retrieval function work again?

Thank you.
MartyP

Postby MartyP » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:15 pm

I should add that this machine was just updated to Windows 21H1. Sorry for not mentioning.
MartyP

Postby Mark » Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:56 pm

Hi MartyP,

Are you receiving an error message when retrieving transactions? If so, what is it? What transaction module are you using? See "Help / About...".

If an investment is retrieving prices from the non-default quote server, check if it has been overridden under "Investment Properties... / Internet retrieve". The "default" quote server is assigned at "Options / Internet Settings...", but you can override it on a per-investment basis. For more on this, see our Retrieving Prices Tutorial.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby MartyP » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:33 am

Last issue first... Price retrieval is now working. Must assume Yahoo is providing the prices as there is no error message about CNN. Issue resolved for now (mysteriously). Log file confirms this.

Downloading transactions still not working properly however. Using transaction module 245. I get no error messages just an empty Transaction Import Preview window however today (but not yesterday) I see quick messages in this window with the word Fidelity so communication may be working. Read on... My goal is to retrieve new transactions from 11-1-2020 to the present. Putting those dates in results in the empty Preview window as described and yes there are plenty of new transactions in that date range to retrieve. If I change the date range to 1-1-2021 to present, a few transactions will be retrieved. If I put in 2-1-2021 to present a few more transactions are retrieved. Each change of starting date results in a different set of transactions, sometimes transactions that already retrieved and sometimes not. (My import options are both checked.) Lastly, the transactions that ARE retrieved are not displayed in the Data Register for that account. BTW I am retrieving by account and not by investment. In the past this has worked fine. Thanks for reading and any help is appreciated! Marty
MartyP

Postby Mark » Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:21 pm

Hi MartyP,

In versions prior to FM 2020 you can only get 90 days at a time with Fidelity. So, it depends on your starting date, which 90 days worth of transactions you'll get. In FM 2020 we've improved this, so it will make multiple requests (90 days at a time) for you, to get the full history requested. Since you're using FM 2018 you will see what you've described. You can just limit your requests to no more than 90 days at a time (or upgrade to FM 2020).
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby MartyP » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:10 pm

Aha! And MY bad for not clicking "Finish" to cause retrieved transactions to appear in the Data Register. I need to upgrade to FM2020. Thanks Mark!
MartyP

Return to Prices and Transactions