Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

repurchase, no price update

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby Ilikemybu » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:46 am

I haven't verified if always the case, but a security I sold, then repurchased (in the same portfolio), did not update its share price when prices were downloaded. Is there a setting I need to change?
Ilikemybu

Postby Mark » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:27 am

Hi Ilikemybu,

You might have turned off the "Retrieve Price" option for the investment when you sold and then maybe hid it before. Check under "Investment Properties... / Internet Retrieve" to see if it is enabled for price retrieve or not.

Notice, when you use the "Hide Sold Investments" command this can also turn off price retrieve. You can re-use this same command to un-hide and turn back on price retrieve as well.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Ilikemybu » Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:10 am

I've definitely used the hide sold investments, so this turns off price retrieve, and just purchasing it back, does not reactivate price retrieve, but If I unhide sold investments, then rehide, it will reset this setting for any securities I've repurchased?
Ilikemybu

Postby Mark » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:04 am

Hi Ilikemybu,

You can use the "Hide Sold Investments" to either hide or un-hide investments. Also, when hiding/un-hiding you can optionally have it disable/enable the price retrieve as well based on the options you choose.

Also, there is an option that automatically un-hides investments when you re-purchase them while they are hidden. I suspect this is how you got the investments un-hidden, but still left with the retrieve price option turned off. You can either manually turn back on price retrieve, or just use the "Hide Sold Investments" command to un-hide and turn back on any price retrieves.

For more on hiding investments, check out our tutorial on hiding investments.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Ilikemybu » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:03 am

thanks a bunch
Ilikemybu

Return to Prices and Transactions